Damascus Steel Japanese Kitchen Knives by Tanaka
This is Tanaka's line of hot-forged semi-handmade custom knives. These knives are positioned to compete with the Hattori HD knife line, but we have found these to be far less brittle than the Hattori HD knives, which we no longer carry. All processes are done by hand except the initial blade forming which is done by machine. Each knife has more than an hour of hand-work by a highly trained Japanese knife maker.
Features of Tanaka VG Core Kitchen Knives
- Black Pakkawood (resin impregnated wood) handle w/stainless steel rivets
- Machine-cut semi-custom blade
- Hot-forged 32-layer smooth Damascus blade
- Blade core: VG-10 stainless steel (Hardened to at least Rockwell 60)
- Superior to European knives in sharpness, durability and handling
Note: The orange sticker on the handle can be easily removed should you choose to do so.
||Image Click for larger picture
||Tanaka Gyuto Knife 240 mm (9 1/2")